Friday, March 29, 2013

THE SEYCHELLES - Four Seasons - Marine Life

Day 5



 
Time for some snorkeling. YEAH!!



Lindsey is my favorite Marine Biologist. She is actually the only marine biologist I've ever met but she was really cool and knew her stuff! She was able to talk me into snorkeling out rather far amidst sting rays and sharks in very wavy waves.




Psyching myself up for the plunge.




There was quite a wide variety of underwater creatures!
I was so relaxed bobbing around like this 
that I didn't even mind how far out we'd gone. 




The marine life was spectacular, 
more than 1000 species of fish have been recorded. 




Coral bleaching in 1998 has unfortunately damaged most reefs, 
but some are starting to show some healthy recovery.




A Platax fish




I later saw this Gray Reef Shark when kayaking!



No comments:

Post a Comment