Friday, March 29, 2013

THE SEYCHELLES - Four Seasons - The Voyage Part I

Day 1



PARIS - DUBAI - MAHE



The Republic of Seychelles is a country made up of 115 islands spanning an archipelago in the Indian Ocean off the east coast of Africa, near Madagascar. Meaning quite far away. Meaning restless eight year old boys are better off dressed in comfy sweatsuits so as to fall asleep easier on the plane flights to get there.




We flew Emirates, my all time favorite airline. Seriously.
The flight attendants speak like 12 different languages, economy class looks like business, and first class looks like Airforce One.




Our first flight was to Dubaï.




I couldn't stop caressing the window trim.




OK now what are the chances of this?!




Or this?!!! A metal knife served with dinner. It's been a long time since I've seen one of THESE on an airplane!!!




High over Dubaï, we circled around and around and around before landing.
And around. OMG.




We had a 2 hour layover...




...with nothing to do and a camera in a foreign country, so...




...I entertained myself by taking plenty of photos...




...before boarding the flight from Dubai to Mahe, where I was lulled to sleep by the mood lights. Emirates actually have those little lights that look like stars and change colors to calm you, like in a spa.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.


2 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful post. I love it! I want to be the first to say that my favorite photos are of course of the souvenirs, Love them! I wish you had bought me a his and hers head so I could put them face to face and make them talk to each other (and yes...of course I'm sure when no one but Allah could possibly see I'd make them sneak a sloopy smooch) and yes, we both know that is what I'd do so why pretend otherwise. I would love to know more about your reaction and emotions to the places, people, and culture shocks you came across. What was the biggest culture shock or that something special you did which left it's mark? I am really looking forward to your further updates because this is an absolutely great post. Thank you so much for sharing your photos and vacation with us. HT thanks you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jason! I actually really like the optical illusion of the airplane scene of the animated film "Hotel Transylvania" on the movie screen on the airplane. What are the chances of getting a shot like that?!

    As for reactions and emotions to places, people, and culture...that will be coming soon in the following HT posts. This is my 5th trip to the Seychelles so it is a place that I am already quite familiar with, so the surprise and culture shock element has worn off a bit. I was more focused on absorbing and learning about all the nature and wildlife. I miss that, living in a big city.

    I'm glad you enjoyed this and I think you will like my following posts.

    :)

    ReplyDelete